The Department of Computer Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering – University of Diyala was established in 2003/2002 under the name of Information Technology Department. In 2004/2003, the Department was transferred to the Department of Computer and Software Engineering. In 2015/2016, The department aims at graduating competent engineers in their field to contribute to the development of the country and the governorate. Since the establishment of the department in 2002, the department continues to expand the activities of education, research, databases, networking, web design, programming, and diagnosing physical and software failures through the teaching staff in the department
Vision, Mission and Objectives of Department
- Vision of Department
1.The department always seeks to communicate with the latest scientific developments in the field of computer engineering, which leads to the continuous development of the curriculum.
2. The department seeks to upgrade the teaching and technical staff by sending its employees to workshops and training within the country and out of contact with the development of computer engineering.
3. The Department seeks to send its teaching staff to obtain a master’s and doctorate degree from the world’s top universities to give the scientific sensitivity of the college and the department in particular.
4. The department aspires to involve the teaching staff to work in the consulting office and the scientific office in the college to give them practical experience and provide services to the various state institutions.
5. The Department aspires to organize training courses for governmental and private institutions in the governorate in order to benefit from the expertise of the department in enhancing the capacities of these institutions to improve the service and practical reality.
- Mission and Objectives
Since the establishment of the department in 2002, the department continues to expand the activities of education, research, databases, networking, web design, programming and diagnosing physical and software faults through the teaching staff in the department, which includes the following specialties:
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Communications Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic Engineering and Communications
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering granted by the Department is obtained through a four-year study program.